Monday, April 27, 2015

#whendoorknocking and a car pulls up and backs out almost instantly, you then see it make several laps around the neighbor hood until they can make it inside without contact from you.‏

This week was great! We did not get nearly the amount of member presents but we got 6 of our investigators to be progressing.=p

I was reading in the area book and this is a quote "the spirit was Ousta control strong in there!" =p What the heck does Ousta mean? But I understand what they meant so I guess it's better than reading "we taught Revelation rain"...

This week in District meeting we talked a lot about Christ like attributes and I decided I would focus on Charity. And so I said a prayer and after I closed I immediately regretted it! I realized I asked for opportunity's to develop charity... Dang it and Heavenly Father always answers those prayers that are just asking for it. So this week has really reflected that prayer. I have really had to refrain from flipping a biscuit SEVERAL times, but it has always worked out some how.

For example I saw a Homeless man on the side of the road and I started searching for something I could throw him, I realized I had my fruit snack rations in my scripture bag just in case you know. I grabbed them and as the light turned green and the Fast and the Furious of the capital went. I quickly struggled to grab and throw the packs fruit snacks to the man, to see him look at them hit the floor and walk away =(. I was ticked! That was the last of all of my fruit snacks! But the Lord Provided! When I went to Charlotte I gave service and they gave me a whole box of fruit snacks =p. 

"Chartucky, home of the free, land of the toothless" =p as my district leader says.

But Going over there was cool. I loved being able to be with Elder N! 2 hour comp study was number 1. and I loved it because he doesn't know anything other than what he was taught in the MTC which means he is unspotted from the world of lazy and disobedient Missionaries, didn't have any foolish traditions, he just wanted to DO WORK. I loved it! All of our plans fell through except teaching the investigator we got on date last time, but we had a super effective day. There was one point though that we used up every plan that we planned for the day (planning the day before was weird because we didn't know anything) and it was like 7:45 pm and we needed to update the areabook from all of the potentials we scratched off or picked up. But I knew that wouldn't fill our night so I talked to Elder N and we decided to go door knock until it was 8:25, which is the latest I have ever knocked but since it was still light outside... we didn't have a map or a street name or a idea of what has been knocked before. Elder N decided I should choose the street, So I took a right then a left and then a right and then straight and then right until I felt a urgency to stop. We got out of the car and knocked a whole side of a street and no one even answered. The last house though answered and we got in and taught the Restoration and picked them up as investigators. And it really showed how we just have to be diligent sometimes. Elder N wouldn't stop talking about that miracle =p ha ha, it was great and healthy for him.

We have picked up quite a bit of investigators recently and one of their big concerns is Black Jesus. We showed a picture of Jesus ordaining his disciples and one of them  went off on how Jesus isn't white. =p this has happened twice this week.

One of my investigators E D got baptized. I knew from the moment we taught the Restoration that he was going to be a missionary. And when we came back for the next lesson and found out he placed a book of Mormon confirmed that. And then the next lesson after he taught his whole family the Plan of Salvation confirmed that again. 

It was really cool though We got in a house of a Buddhist this week. That was the coolest plan of salvation/ restoration lesson I have ever taught. It was super easy to feel the spirit and have Charity and love for the guy because he looked like my MTC companion. But we made a lot of dots connect in his mind! He accepted the Book of Mormon and the only problem there was that he doesn't live at that house and that he is only there like once a month.    

Our investigator T was with us during Stake conference and then he stood up and disappeared. We thought he went to the bathroom but after 30 minutes of him being gone we searched and couldn't find him.  We thought he walked out on us. The member who gave him a ride showed me a text from him saying that he started coughing up blood when he was in the bathroom and got it all over the white shirt I gave him and had the paramedics pick him up. I really had a hard time focusing and having Charity until I read that. We still haven't gotten news from him since...

In stake conference some dots started clicking in my head of how each passing generation is inheriting a state of apostasy and how more and more people do not even believe in God. And how that happened all though out all the BOM. I then heard Today from my homeboy Truman G. Madson that some one prophesied that only LDS people will desire to have children in the last days, and that is becoming more and more true. But it made sense to me how the gospel will go forth and penetrate every continent, every climb and sound in every ear. As the standard of truth says. Well I guess I don't fully understand but I got a glimpse.

I had a hard time having charity for a guy that told us he is "Spiritually Advanced compared to the world"  to be quick about him he talked about having out of Body experiences to get to know Jesus and he would teach us stuff that was not Doctrinally correct at all and then when ever we said something he would Bash on how we cant trust the Hebrew language, but then he would teach us the definition of certain words in Hebrew... He was going hard core and I was irritated and the debate was not ending so I got tired of it and kept talking over him saying I have to go to the Bathroom until I had enough of their attention to say it again and to invite him to hear our message and walk away.

I was really fired up in one lesson this week where a investigator was trying to drop us and the member who was with us would not stop talking, and would interrupt his responses when I would ask him questions to create a need for meeting with us.  I really have struggled having Charity for people this week But I have learned a lot about it and would say my prayer of developing it more has been and is being answered. But I really wanted to flip a biscuit at times.

Whelp I gotta go, we were gonna be dunking on people again this week but Instead we are playing ultimate Frisbee.
Love you all!
have a good day!
Don't get shot!

- Elder Truman Rex Crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment