Monday, March 21, 2016

"Thank you, Thank you very much!"‏

So I totally bagged on day light savings last week but this week I really enjoyed it being able to have sunlight until 7pm it helps me enjoy life more, it help me with missionary work more. More people are willing to talk with us because we arent so creepy walking up to their house when it's pitch black and 6pm. 

While we were out and about on our car fast day a train started going through the city and had to stop. Since we were watching it move and then jerk to a stop I grabbed one of the 15 pennies that I picked up that day and put it on the train tracks and after it was done moving I had a squished penny! It brought me joy for a good 10 minutes =p

While I was on trade offs with one of my zone leaders we were out in the Ghetto and we went getting any good responses from any one infact few people gave us any time of day. A Ice Cream truck started going down the street slowly and playing music. I saw the guy eyeballing us since we were the only people on the street. He kept going slower and slower until he passed us and he pulled over. Yah I wasn't gonna fall for that trick. I stuck my head straight forward and passed him. He rolled down the window and I did a quick glance and then stopped dead in my tracks. That clever devil got me! Jk It was a Less Active who I had been calling and he wasn't answering his phone! I even called him that day. So I went up to the window set up a appointment and got free Ice cream out of it! That was a Sweet Miracle =p Literally =p. So I wasn't discouraged at all because we were where we needed to be at the right time and I got Ice cream out of it. 

So my new companion I found out yesterday that he was born a month early and it really effected his social skills. Which makes sense, But I didn't know that and so I was pushing him Hard this week! We were on that same street we got the ice cream and we had a appointment in 10 minutes. We walked around a house to the side door that they use and we could see the next house and there was like 6 people in their lawn with super loud Ghetto music playing, They all looked like G's too. My companion after he saw that said "So are we good to go to our lesson?"...."Elder It's a 2 minute walk... We can go After YOU talk to them all" since he hadn't been talking to any one at all and giving up super super easy.

 He started all of his whining, complaining, and dishing out everything he can as fast as he could to try and convince me not to make him. "Elder Crockett It's Not SAFE!" I shot him a evil Eye for his super racist comment there and said I was going to walk in the middle of them all and let it get super awkward until he talks. And I did. I walked up and like 4 brothas left. I said Hi and I just sat there knowing that he couldn't stay more than 2 feet away from my hip and was coming.

 He did and He talked for like 7 minutes to them before I said another word =p. even got a return appointment out of it (I mean it fell through but...). I loved that conversation that he had though because the guy who we were talking to gave a awesome testimony of Jesus Christ. Even with the loud music that was swearing up a storm, I felt the spirit from it! I am amazed at the truth that people have and learn from the spirit, You can learn so much if you just listen to those people you to try to teach.

 I feel like thats a problem in my district, there are several people who really want to teach but wont learn anything from my lesson at all and when I ask check understanding questions All they will refer back to is what they brought up and not what other people shared. 2 ears, 1 mouth, come on people! You have that proportion for a reason. But I am guilty on that subject at times too.

I door knocked into a Less active who is on the directory but had a different address. When we found her she told us that she is super excited to come to a fast and testimony meeting and has been thinking about it alot. She told us she wants to bear her testimony on the power of Prayer because her Daughter was one of the kids who was Shot that day that 6 people here was killed. She felt all day long that she needed to pray for protection for her family and so she poured her soul out in prayer and her daughter lived and she found out why she felt that need to pray.

Last week we had a visitor come to church. I went up to him and said hi to him and to all of the other people who I had never seen before who came for a baby blessing, Most of which was nonmembers. 3 Days later my companion answers the phone while I am driving and the guy wanted to speak specifically to me, So he put it on speaker and I pulled over. It was the visitor who came to church. He told me that he had brought his lessactive son to church with him that day who lives in our area. I didn't know that I did say hi to him too though. He then went on to tell me that their whole time there I was the ONLY person who ever went up to them and introduced themselves and tried to even say hi. He went through all that effort to get his son there and then no one but me said hi to them and I said hi for like 5 seconds as I had to run to ITL some people before they left. He was grateful for my recognition, and appalled by my ward and called the Elders Quorum and Bishop to complain. They felt pretty bad when they heard.

I love Elvis. I don't know what I would do with out him. I LOVE his gospel album. No matter how bad I feel, no matter how beat down I am, how tired I am, lonely, heartbroken; When Elvis comes on my ipod and he starts to tell me to "Walk ON!!!!! through the wind and the snow, YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALOOOOOOONNNEEEE!" I brings me to tears, punches me in the gut and tells me to man up, Do Work and DO work hard! I really needed his influence this week. Especially these last few weeks where I have felt like a claustrophobic fat cat trapped in a peanut shell twitching and not being able to release or break anything free.

Well I gotta go 
Bye I love you!
Have a good day!

-- 
- Elder Truman Rex Crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment