Sunday, March 20, 2016

With in Sight and Sound,.... and never more than 6 inches away....

This week has been pretty sweet. #vacation.  

I have found over 20 pennies on the side walk this week, who knew so many people would drop pennies in the snow and not be able to find it. 

My new companion is from 3cities washington or something like that. He asks me questions ALL DAY long. The sisters in my ward like to make fun of me because he is always 1 or 2 feet away from me, even at the China buffet where we sat next to the place for food he would follow me around  1 foot away haha. It's alright though he is adjusting and I know that he is trying to fit in and be the best that he can. The problem is with training down here It's hard to keep him unspotted from other missionaries so and he asks me about things that I refuse to talk to missionaries about because stupid missionaries don't need their stories of disobedience passed on.

I started my 4th Journal this week. It's interesting because the Journal doesn't have any lines on it so my lines go up and down a little but it is still legible and not hard to read so.

I had to go to Lansing twice this week one to get my new companion and the other to go to MLC. Yes I do not have a GPS. Yes my temporary companion Elder Freemen didn't have a GPS. SO without it anything but the big map I received when I got my call letter We went from Kalamazoo to battle creek church building (which He had been to once before) , up to Lansing and to the Lansing stake center. Yes we were 10 minutes early! I have leaned so much about city organization and road signs and what not since I have been out, forrealzies you don't really ever need a GPS unless you are going out to the boonies for a referral.

I loved being with Elder Freeman for the 3 days we were together, He ate up everything I had to say! It was a huge healthy change for me especially because He had been out for a longer time and so I could go off on all of my great discourses on different principals of missionary work that I can't teach to people who are new and I haven't been able to teach anyone recently who would actually understand and apply it.

I loved this week though I had so many tender mercies!

I checked facebook and I got a message form a "Child" of record whos father was excommunicated who I used to stop by and try and encourage to get on the repentance process and meeting with us. He wrote me to tell me that he was baptized and received the priesthood a few weeks ago and that he was talking to his bishop about his mission papers. =p

I also went to Lamb of God this week, it technically wasn't a musical because there was no real acting just standing in a suit in front of a mic. I almost cried when the full orchestra went up on stage and I heard only a cello start to tune using harmonics. I was hit by the spirit so hard! I was experiencing a tear jerker performance even before they were tuned or started yet! I did cry during though. But After the performance I looked around and found a member from the Holt ward and when I found them I found Sister Dean and Gabe Dean. I broke course and ran to them to give Gabe a huge hug. Sister Dean first off Told me that she is so glad that she added Mom on facebook and that she thinks Moms posts are a Hoot! But then she told me that because Things changed when I came, Gabe is now active and went to the temple and did the work for her deceased husband. And her other son Gary who would never leave his room EVER, now comes out and spends time with them together, She made the statement "I now have my son back". I cried. That like made the 6 months of time spent in Holt worth it.

Our investigators son who has been coming to church for 3 weeks now started asking people if he could join the scout program and it caused a uproar of people running around trying to arrange it, and provide a way that he could participate in the upcoming Pinewood derby. We didn't do anything at all but members were going around and asking who would be able to help him make a car and what not! They love church! They believe they found their church home.

Daylight savings wrecked me! I had PEC at 7:30am and fell asleep and there is only like 4 other people there. I passed out during Sacrament meeting. The only reason why I didn't fall sleep the other 2 lessons was because I was teaching. I did tell them though that if I fall asleep to keep the conversation going and let me be until class is over =p.

I can't figure out why I cant see the files of the pictures on my camera I thought it was just in Gaylords computers but I still can't view them. SIster Dean wants to see the pictures I have of her and I would post one today on facebook but I can't see it...

In my mission we will be having a new Key indicator: It is Hours of service. We are now asked to get 10 hours of service and 15 hours of door knocking a week. I am not sure how to balance that and the extra hour of compstudy since I am training and everything else.... But it sounds like fun

I am so grateful for all of God's Tender Mercies, I know he loves me, I know that he understands me in ways I can't express to any one else. I know he hears my tears at night while I pray. I know he is merciful and has great power to lift us when we are beaten and torn and miserable. I know I can spend all day typing and trying to describe all of my experiences and pains and worries and joys, I could use all of that time with countless things to help give you the imagery of what happens in my life; but no one will EVER understand the depth of any of it the way that God can. These past weeks has been great evidence of that! I believe every single word in the scriptures has that same depth that can not be portrayed and thats why it's so important to ponder on scriptures.

Love you all
Miss you all
Don't get shot
-- 
- Elder Truman Rex Crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment