Monday, August 10, 2015

Back to the Boonies

I had a guy lean out of his window this week pointing at us and yelled "NERRRRRDS!" I loved it I can't stop laughing about it.=p

So we got our transfer calls, I am leaving Holt. They are shipping me back up north, I am going to be district leading in Gaylord. Which is sick because I already know and love the senior missionaries up there, I even know what bed will be mine and where it is. My new companion is Elder H's MTC companion so I will be "Greenie Busting" him. Elder H got called to be a trainer =p (who did that). I am super excited for me going on trade offs back to Alpena. 

Sorry I havn't read any emails I am printing them off because I have to be on the transfer van in like a half hour.

I have never had a day of church here like I did yesterday, It was insane! We had 5 investigators at church and 2 less actives. I was bouncing all over the place trying to handle the situation, and the funny part was we were going to have another investigator there but his oven caught fire the night before and he wasn't able to come because he had to wait for his land lord. We had it set up perfectly though for a less active to take him to church, the less active came any ways which was sweet! Church was the best, I have never seen so much "fruit" from my labors.

It is one of the most embarrassing things to have to fill up your tank of gas on sunday in a white shirt and tie with a name tag....... never happening again.

I was thinking and the biggest thing for the whole church and the biggest word is Atonement. But the word that we need to do the most when it comes to all things in the gospel is Prepare. There is not a aspect of the gospel that doesn't include our need for preparation, every single thing whether it be church, reading scritpures, the spirit world, kingdoms of glory, atonement, all of it deals with preparation because we need to prepare for all in order to be able to receive, learn, use, obtain, everything we need to prepare for and if we aren't preparing...then the gospel and atonement is useless. Harsh way to say it but I don't have time to pretty it up.

This week T S. (the one who coughed up blood) moved to new York, up and out of the blue, we got to see him before he left and we are in contact but we are now trying to pass that rope on to some other missionaries. I was super impressed when I taught him last week he has retained everything from what we taught him.

T K. (the answers to prayers guy who we door knocked into) we have gotten the members to talk to and one of the members who lives a Frisbee throw away from him has now invited him over for dinner and there is great plans to fellowship him in and help him with his WoW things to get him baptized. His Wife is wanting to meet with us and has questions for us. 
 
I don't know if I ever told you about what he did and how he got answers to his prayers but to be quick he prayed several times a day to know if the book of Mormon is true and the spirit really "wrought change" as the BOM says and he loved it and every one around him loved it.  He got real mad a t God years back and really demanded that God give him a sign that he truly is there and loves him, He demanded that he see a shooting star, he waited for like 3 hours never happened. 
 
11 years later and after the spirit was working on him because of his prayers, he remembered that and went out side and prayed for forgiveness since he could feel God's love and as he finished his prayer a shooting star crossed the sky.=p He also one day was super beat and tired and he just prayed that he wouldn't have to go out and water his garden because of the way he was feeling. His wife told him that prayer wouldn't be answered and showed him the weather forecast to prove it. He then went to bed and when he woke up he went outside to have his whole yard and roof drenched in water and none of his neighbors lawn or house was even touched by any of the rain.

I realize I havn't been a horrible trainer, yes there are somethings I would change about what I did to help Elder H, but I think the biggest thing I did was show him an example and install in him how we need to work as missionaries, and teach him how he can learn how to teach, How to keep good records so other missionaries don't beat the same path you did without knowing. I did a lot of other things but that's whats on my mind right now.

I made sure to finish my tub of "death by chocolate" icecream before I left, and ya. I still have a cough, I can't hear out of my right ear the best for some reason (no clue why, I have hydrogen peroxided it several times), I am leaving my bike here even thought I know the bikes up there won't compare to the comfort of my seat, but I would be a dirt bag if I took the seat or bike. I am going to miss driving the Chevy cruz, the thing is way nice, but it might be fun to be in the jeep again even though it does have blind spots. 
 
I realized that I never opened that thing that susie sent me in the mail. I struggled for ages debating on whether it was candy or whether it was home made soap, I broke last night and opened it up and took a bite out of it. I still don't know if it's candy or soap =p. 
 
I have like a 4 hour road trip today back up to Gaylord, I am so excited to see the Whites and The Ekins! I will be a district leader so I am now able to use other methods to contact people, so I am super excited and I am already formulating a list of people I have lost contact with (LA's/ INV's) to get them back on path. Weren't we promised in like February we were getting Ipads next month? what ev my trainer was told that at his year mark and he's long gone. I didn't get loads of pictures of people here I didn't have time and church was way to fast paced for me this week.

Well, Im off Pray that my ear pops so I can hear fully again,
Bye I love you have a good day
don't get shot!

- Elder Truman Rex Crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment