Monday, February 23, 2015

Transferred

I always forget that the Lord has a sense of humor and that i need to be very specific in my prayers, because if i don't he really likes to pull one on me. Well I told you all to pray for Sister missionaries well I guess I wasn't specific enough because instead of sending them here they are sending me there.

I have been transferred to Holt, which is just south of Lansing in the Lansing Stake, I haven't heard really anything about Holt yet. But i do know that down south you can possibly see tornadoes! I only assume there is sisters down there really though, and if they aren't in my area they will be in my district and zone. 

So this week I realized another way I have been prepared for my mission. "Elder how the heck can you even write my fingers are numb!" Apparently The way I write doesn't use my finger tips at all so it doesn't matter how cold it is I can still write peoples information down with gloves and -10. PSH! and my teachers hated the way I wrote.

It was really funny during church yesterday because my theory which I learned from Hamilton was when you get transferred leave like a thief in the night. I am super glad that I did, the only people I told was Elder and Sister W because Sister W would have shot me if I didn't tell her, She basically has tried to step into to the role of our mother and it's hilarious because If we are late or she doesn't know where we are at she will call as many people as it will take... ha ha. 
 
But anyways the only people who found out was people that Sister W told, which was basically every one she saw ha ha. But because we didn't tell really any one We had a super busy week! We had 20 investigator lessons this week (both with members and not) when I first got here we were having like 3 =p. For numbers this is the best Week I have ever had so far. And Church really reflected that, I don't even know how many less actives and investigators where there I wish I counted but basically every chair was filled. At church when they announced that I am getting transferred it was hilarious, every one moaned and turned to look at me. But for realizes every one moaned ha ha. they had me bear my testimony and I bore it about faith which was perfect because it turned out every other talk was on faith too, it's like I was inspired or something.=p

This week we are having a baptism though, well I won't be there but it will still happen. V is the type of investigator every missionary dreams of getting but never gets. So she goes on pintrest and she kept seeing things about temples and the Book of mormon and she would look at them. It was weird because she never really met a mormon before so she didn't know anything about it. But because she was following some one on pinterest who was she kept seeing really cool quotes and what not. 
 
She drove past our church every day because her work is right next door and one day she felt like she needed to turn into the parking lot. She did and she noticed there was cars there so she went inside on this tuesday. Turns out the Relief Society was having their presidency meeting or somethin and she knocked on their door and asked about the church and if she could have a Book of Mormon. Sister G got her information and would then call her a few time to follow up (she remembered the talk I gave in church a week prior that had a talk in it that talked about follow up) So she did and got V to agree to have us come over and teach her. 
 
We got a call saying "you have a new investigator, we are meeting at her house on friday at 6"=p. We went over taught her the message of the Restoration and was really touched by it. that week she came to church without us inviting her. and every week since even the week they tried to cancel church she has been to church. On the Third lesson she was committed to be baptized and she accepted and has been making plans for the 28th ever since. 
 
She has read every single pamphlet we have given her and she actually has asked us for more, she passed the baptismal interview flawlessly, she started at the beginning of the book of mormon 3.5 weeks later she is breezing through the Isaiah chapters in 2 nephi, she ordered a triple combination right after the first lesson, she talks with sister G regularly, she has only had member present lessons since a member referred her to us she was already there when we came, She brought her daughter and grandson to church this week, She has a car, has a job, has kept every commitment, has felt the spirit and recognized it, doesn't have Word of wisdom issues, For realzies though she is the like dream investigator. And it doesn't bother me at all that I won't see her get baptized, because I really haven't done anything at all, I mean she found us and she did everything according to her own free will and is super excited to be baptized, All we really did was just show up and talk about what we believe. Talk about prepared! But the W's are trying to coax President Jacobsen to come up to Lansing to be at the Baptism and to bring me =p.

I have learned alot about life on earth here on the mission, I have gotten to see alot of other peoples trials and hardships and great joys as well, it strengthens my testimony about the plan of salvation every time. 

We have a investigator who is basically impossible to get to meet with but she KNOWS the church is true, but she is so busy she doesn't have time to prepare for baptism and go to church. We meet with her and her boyfriend a while back and we for the first time got to teach them a lesson. The spirit was very strong! But for like the next month we couldn't see them at all. We finally got in this week and ever since that time we went over the straight up gates of hell opened up basically. 
 
Sewage filling basements all 4 tires on her car blew up, her mom got super sick (hospital) his mom got super sick, and I can list 84.5 other things but i don't have time. And she traced it all back to that time we came over and she felt the spirit and wanted to be baptized and changed and she recognized that all of those things were happening around the time we were going to meet with them. Straight up Satan was full of rage trying to stop her, it is a little scary actually but we left there and she had me give her a blessing and she was committed to endure and to change even though Satan was trying to derail her and her family.

By the way that Trinity letter is amazing! I call it the tippman letter, because of the guys last name, but oh man it straight up throws down! =p I love it.

Well Im off to Holt! Bye! I love you don't get shot, Don't freeze

I miss my mom, I miss my dad, and I don't miss skim milk!

- Elder Truman Rex Crockett

No comments:

Post a Comment